Simon Park Attended the session with new Minister of Immigration, Ian Lees-Galloway.
Key points are:
1. INZ is developing "Regional Skills Shortage List" which will be announced.
2. It will double the number of labour inspectors to stop exploiting migrant workers.
3. Family category visa will open again with changes in the mid of this year.
4. There will be some new visa categories (I.e. Exceptional Skills Work Visa, Kiwi builder visa etc).
5. It is working on Post Study Work Visa to make it difficult for those who do lower value education courses in NZ to get.
6. No immediate changes to Entrepreneur Work Visa & Investor Visa.
Key messages he was delivering were "INZ will work on changes to contribute to the regional economy. It will also work to protect vulnerable migrant workers from being exploited by toughening labour market test and adding more labour inspectors"