To obtain a Visitor Visa, provide the necessary documents to the New Zealand Embassy and meet the requirements which are the following:
- You must be in good health;
- You must be of good character;
- Visitor visa application must fit your purpose for coming to New Zealand, and
- You must be a bona fide temporary visitor.
Your passport must be provided along with your application and the validity of your passport must be for at least three (3) months beyond the date you intend to leave New Zealand, or one (1) month, if the your country’s government has consular representation in New Zealand.
There are different visitor visa categories you may wish to apply for and these are the following:
- General visitor;
- Visiting family or friends;
- Business visitor;
- Parents and grandparents of New Zealand residents or citizens;
- Partners/children of work visa, student or residence visa holders;
- Guardian visas for parent or guardian of an international student aged 17 years and below; or
- Visiting New Zealand for medical treatments or consultation
However, if you plan to stay temporarily with your family member who is a citizen or a resident in New Zealand, you may opt to visit New Zealand under one of the following categories:
- Partners of New Zealand residents and/or citizens;
- Culturally arranged marriage;
- Dependent children of New Zealand residents and/or citizens;
- Parent or grandparent multiple entry visas; or
- Work in New Zealand under partners of New Zealand Residents and/or citizens category.
Temporary Retirement Visitor Visa
There is also another type of visitor visa offered by New Zealand and this is the Temporary Retirement visitor visa. This valid for up to two (2) years for applicants who 66 years old and above with a comprehensive travel insurance and substantial investment funds. The cost and processing time depends on what type of visa you are applying for.
New Zealand is a beautiful country with stunning natural scenery. These include grand mountains, breathtaking fjords, raging rivers, world-famous pastures, pristine lakes, breathtaking beaches, and awe-inspiring active volcanic zones.
Whether you’re into exhilarating activities or just relaxing while soaking in the natural beauty of the country, New Zealand is the perfect travel destination for you and your loved ones.
The diverse culture and heritage will definitely make your New Zealand experience unforgettable. Friendly people, sweet smiles, and helping hands will greet you as soon as you land in New Zealand.
Like the hospitality and helping hand offered by the New Zealanders to excited visitors like you, we, here at Immigration Trust, can help you with your visitor visa application.
We will help you from the first step of the application process to assisting you in paying for the New Zealand visitor visa fee.