Changes have been made to the COVID-19 Support Restricted Temporary Entry Instructions to:
• allow entry of up to 300 Early Childhood and primary/secondary teachers (plus their partners and dependent children) under a class border exception
• allow for the entry of offshore partners and dependent children of onshore teachers
• increase the cap for replacement cargo crew servicing the Pacific from 200 to 550 places until 31 January 2022
• increase the cap for replacement international fishing crew for foreign-flagged fishing vessels operating in international waters from 50 persons to 160 persons every six months, and
• increase the Invitation to Apply (ITA) period for border exceptions from one to four months.
These instructions are effective on and after 12 July 2021.