Skilled Migrant Category (SMC)
This visa is for people who have skills that will contribute to New Zealand's economic growth. You will need to send an expression of interest (EOI), that details your work experience and qualifications.
- You, and anyone else included in your application, must provide proof of identity. You may include your partner, and dependent children aged 24 and under, in your residence application.
- You must be aged 55 or younger at the time you apply
- You, and anyone else included in your application, must be in good health
- You, and anyone else included in your application, must be of good character
- You must speak and understand English
- You must have a skilled job or job offer with an accredited employer in New Zealand to apply
- Your New Zealand occupational registration must be eligible to qualify for points
- Your qualification must be recognised to qualify for points
- Your income you earn from your job must be at least 1.5 times the median wage to qualify for points
- You can claim points for skilled work experience in New Zealand
- If you include your partner and children in your application, you must have a genuine relationship with them
- Your partner and children 16 and over must speak English or pay for classes to learn English in New Zealand