Immigration Trust team had a zoom session with senior managers from INZ today.
Some key updates are:
1. There would be up to 15,000 applications for Phase 1 (December).
2. Phase 1 will open from 1 Dec 2021 till 31 Jul 2022.
3. Try to avoid submitting applications 1 Dec if possible.
4. Two critical dates: 29 Sep 2021 and the day you submit your application (You must meet the requirements)
5. Three offices will process applications (Christchurch, Hamilton and Manukau).
6. Immigration Officers will start training for the 2021 Resident Visa processing next week.
7. You can include your partner who is overseas, but you need to provide documents to prove the relationship.
8. The process for the December group: Online Application - EOI/SMC/RFW No (you must be careful with this number as you can only use it once) - Once your application is approved in Priciple, you will be asked to pay the fee.
Since we just finished the meeting, we will update this post when we review our notes and summarize more details.